Thursday, July 29, 2010

Edubloggers and Web 2.0

I looked for the resource on Web 2.0 in our class site, but I wasn't given a very clear definition of what it was there. So I did what any Generation M internet user would do, I Googled it! Interestingly enough, Web 2.0 is a term that applies to internet applications that facilitate communication, sharing, collaboration and are user-centric. Needless to say, that definition gave me a fast list of Web 2.0 applications. Each of which has merit in education, finding ways to use them will be the fun part.

One blog that I've begun following that speaks to Web 2.0 tools is http://kerryhawk02.blogspot.com/ Kerry is a History teacher on the East Coast who blogs about teaching with technology. It seems that she's taking the summer off for the most part, but her latest blog is about a conference she went to about Building Learning Communities. The blog entry is mostly a chronicle of the conference itself, which contains useful information about ways to incorporate technology. If you're struggling with ways to use it in your content areas, I recommend taking a look at it.

More on life later,
~Ren

No comments:

Post a Comment